Over the past few years, many sales organizations have undergone some significant changes.
There has been quite a shift from field sales models to inside sales models. There are many reasons for this change – one is definitely the changing need of today’s customers.
Today’s customers are feeling much more comfortable communicating and collaborating remotely, using the latest technology, such as webinar or videoconferencing tools. They shop online, use social media to communicate and sometimes even prefer not having to talk to someone face-to-face.
So why not benefit from this change of mind?!
This saves you valuable time and costs. Plus, it can easily increase your conversion, using simple online meeting tools such as Idiligo.
Your inside sales teams can do much more than back office work. They can be turned into even more successful sales reps than the field sales teams. Whereas field sales are often used to manage large accounts with complex buying processes and needs, inside sales can cover the rest – which can also add up to quite a big deal.
The pro’s for equipping inside sales with a simple to use online meeting tool and using them for acquisition and customer advice purposes are as simple as genius:
- save valuable time since the sales reps can work through each contact without having to drive somewhere or even leave their desk
- reduced cost-per-contact and an increased number of contacts per day
- non-strategic accounts in remote areas can be reached easily and cheaply
- increased conversion because contracts can be signed immediately during the online meeting and the deal is closed within minutes
- flexibility to scale up the size of inside sales teams in a short period of time, since the salespeople don’t have to be relocated
- inside sales can support field sales with regards to lead generation, repeat purchases or upgrade purchases
- inside sales can cover leads with a lower buy risk and less complex products
The change already began several years ago
A few years ago, a research of the Harvard Business Review showed, that 46% of the interviewed vice presidents reported a shift from a field sales model to an inside sales model. Additionally, an expert interviewed by the Harvard Business Review stated, that inside sales can reduce the cost-of-sales by 40-90% relative to field sales, while revenues may be maintained or even grow.
So, when positioned correctly, inside sales teams can drive incredible sales force efficiency improvements with little to no extra costs or loss of effectiveness.
Find out, how the simple to use online meeting tool Idiligo can make your business more successful, too!